Tuesday 27 February 2007

Purity

1 November 2005

Having not tested out my new Canon Powershot S2 IS camera, I've decided to have my first serious photo outing at the KL Orchid Garden, together with Johanna and her friend Adrian Koh, who is a great photographer to provide some tips and comments.

The first species that excited me at the orchid garden was not any of the orchids. Instead, it was the blue Egyptian lotus - Nymphaea Caerulea.

I have seen many great macro shots of Egyptian lotus in LensaMalaysia forums and photo galleries.

To me, lotus equates tranquility and purity. 出淤坭而不染...


Canon Powershot S2 IS, post processed using Photoshop


Canon Powershot S2 IS, post processed using Photoshop

1 comment:

Eileen said...

thank you for sharing your beautiful lotus photos. I have an Ancient Egyptian-style lotus tattoo that I got (as a matching one with a sister-like friend of mine) to remind me about the delicacy and purity of that symbol. Thank you for sharing.